Me: “Hi my name is Nthabiseng Masekela and I suffer from chronic fatigue”
Me: “Hi Nthabiseng”
More than often I find myself losing control of situations, I find myself wanting to save the world but instead I sleep. My motivation is at its ultimate low and I feel like it’s never ending. I have generalized cognitive and physical weakness, constant longing for sleep, insomnia, friends complaining that I’m moody, forgetting to eat and the biggest of them all procrastinating and kinda neglecting responsibilities. I’m always tired and I can’t get myself to concentrate on studying or anything for that matter. I’m unproductive; and I’m always annoyed with myself. All those symptoms have been identified by yours truly, no Dr. needed as I have a pretty good insight into my condition. What winds me up the most about my chronic fatigue is the fact that it’s interfering with the person I am. I’d like to believe that I’m a positive person. I always find the good in things, the best out of situations. But right now I feel like it’s the darkest, it’s blinding.
This weekend the 4th years had their annual occupational ball/dinner. This is a night where Occupational Therapy students and lectures come together to reminisce on the years gone by, the fun times, the good times and the not so good. But it’s ultimately about coming together as OT students to wish each other luck and well wishes for the future. It was an amazing night! I can’t remember the last time I had that much fun!!! But right after that it was back to reality; the reality I’m at the moment struggling to deal with. But tell you what, this is absolutely the last time I speak of this, I’ve spoken, it has been said. There’s nothing else to say now, so let me get up, open up my curtains and focus on the horizon because morning is coming soon. I need to focus; I can’t miss the beauty of another day.
No comments:
Post a Comment