Thursday, 17 October 2013

INSPIRATION

For the past two months I have been doing my psychosocial practices at a site in Durban north known as North Bay lodge. During my time there, my group and I were given a project to identify the occupational barriers of the facility and come up with means of sustainable intervention for the identified barriers.
The actual implementation of our project was this pass Friday the 12/10/2013, it was the climax of the project because what we had been working on for weeks had to be evident on the day. This was the day where everything we’ve worked so hard on needed to come together and culminate into this one giant doable idea. But on the day we were encountering a few problems /“gremlins” (as my supervisor would call it) about our project; that it lead us to kinder doubt what we had planned and if what we have in mind as a collective will be projected as a true reflection of the passion we had when we decided to take on the project.  In the mist of panic, doubt and anxiety that each of us were going through, our supervisor gathered us all and shared a few words of encouragement with us.  She also showed us a little video that reminded us that we are only human and that each happening is for a reason, and therefore whatever comes, may come. But we should rest assured that we did our absolute best. I don’t know about the rest of the girls, but this little clip sure inspired me to face the day and many other days ahead. In my days of self doubt and negativity and days of overwhelming sense of defeat. I’ll have a look at this video and remember the greater purpose of life. It will help me carry on. Apparently I’ll be using it as a resource of encouragement next year when I’m doing my 4th year of OT pracs (see what I did there? Already looking into the future) ;) Have a look!


I will be sharing more about what the actuall project was all about, but for now just know that friday turned out to be a successful day for my team and I, and i hope eveyone else recieves our project well when we actually present to the rest of the class and other lectures and supervisors from other venues when we present it.

No comments:

Post a Comment