It’s Monday the 23rd of September just before heritage/ Braai day and here I am in my room back at res from home L . That’s sucks right? Spending the weekend at home was all the time I can spare and my little sister wasn’t impressed with me at all, neither was my gran, but hey; it’s all the time I had to share with them if I want to manage my hectic upcoming week. And when I say hectic, I mean I keep thinking about how am I gonna do this hectic. You know when you have so much work to do; you don’t even know where to start. Or ironically when you have so much work to do you somehow end up procrastinating by doing the last thing you’d ever do when you have all the time in the world. This is me procrastinating…mmm what will I cook for supper today??? See anyone that knows me knows I hate cooking with all of me, it’s the last thing I ever do, ever! And here I am wasting time by thinking of what to cook. Gardamit. I knew I wanted to get started with my work, but that thought of cooking was a definite green light. So to help me out with trying to figure it out how I’m gonna do this, the 1st suggestion my brain made was to leave home. 1st suggestion DONE! As much as it sucks, it’s really gonna help because I’m not productive when I’m at home, at all. And adding chores and roles to my life just makes it more difficult. The second suggestion made by my brilliant mind was to make a time table with time allocations of how much I’ll be spending on each section I’ll be working on. It looks all good and well on paper, and I hope to follow it through coz if I don’t then I’m doomed.
I got a paint brush on my hand, and I’m trying to paint this picture for you. I’m only creating this throwback moment because I want you to realize that I actually was once in “college” and I had all the college time in the world. See the thing is, I once actually loved college (I said that like an American because that’s the one place in the world that can create a false perception of what the world is really like. Have you seen how they make “college” look like? Like it’s the best place in the world to be;… please!!). Anyways; I was once in college too, and that was last year 2nd semester when I was only doing 3 clinical sciences modules, it was like the American college for real. I had so much time in my hands I had the time to think of how to waste it. I’d wake up in the morning and decide I want to see the ocean and smell the ocean breeze, so off to the beach I’d go, I would spend most Tuesdays @Musgrave watching a half price movie or just window shopping, I’d start and finish a whole season of a series in two days and go out partying with friends on Thursday nights because I didn’t have class on Fridays. It was awesome! I could do whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted during my college time; it was so much fun and I didn’t feel guilty at all because I knew this time of NO TIME was coming, and sure enough, the time for no time is here. Now I’m operating on varsity time and I don’t have the time for college time. I miss my college time, wouldn’t you? lol.
I don’t like complaining about varsity time because it won’t do me any good; instead it will just waste my time. I’m thinking less talking and more action will do me good. So the fact that we’ve got 3 tests, an assignment, finals presentation and case formulation in less than two weeks matters to nobody but me and my time. Complaining about it does me no good because nobody really cares. Ok maybe care is not the word I’m looking for but you know what I mean. Did I just complain? See, I just spent seconds typing a line that I’m not even sure is supposed to be here. Now I’m wasting time thinking if the previous line I just typed is even necessary…and I’m doing all of this while the clock is ticking. Iesh!
No comments:
Post a Comment